Gas Produced from Methane Hydrate (provisional)
Japan Oil, Gas and Metals National Corporation (“JOGMEC”, Headquarter: Minato-ku, Tokyo, President: Hirobumi Kawano), which conducted a flow test from March 12 until March 18 in the first offshore production test off the coasts of Atsumi and Shima peninsulas, informs results of the flow test as follows.
Provisional results of the flow test in the first offshore production test
- Duration of gas production: approximately 6 days
- Cumulative volume of gas production: approximately 120,000m3
- Average volume of gas production: approximately 20,000m3/day
*Above numbers are all provisional and will be revised.
Reference: Results of the onshore production test conducted by depressurization method in Canada in 2008
- Duration: approximately 5.5 days
- Cumulative production: approximately 13,000m3
- Average production: approximately 2,400m3/day
*Fluctuation in daily gas production varied approximately between 2,000 and 4,000m3/day.
With respect to progress of the first production test, please refer the following previous news releases.
The inquiry about this page.
Methane Hydrate R&D Division, Technical Department
Public Relations Division, General Coordination Department