International Seminar on impurities in copper raw material on October 17, 2018
August 1, 2018
Revised on September 28, 2018
Japan Oil, Gas and Metals National Corporation（JOGMEC）will hold an international seminar in copper raw material on October 17, 2018.
Impurities such as arsenic in copper raw material tend to increase in recent years. This trend will bring grave impact for not only countries which produce copper concentrate, but also countries which smelt copper like Japan.
In these circumstances, JOGMEC and Japanese copper smelting companies started basic study for separating impurities from copper raw materials at mineral processing stage from 2017 as a national project.
However, we understand that it is necessary to address the challenging issue for not only limited countries, but also all countries related to the copper industry. Therefore we decided to hold an international seminar on impurities in copper raw material in Japan on 17th October 2018 with the aim of sharing common awareness of the issue which the world confronts and available technologies for separation of these impurities.
If you would like to attend this seminar, please make a preliminary application in the form below until October 10, 2018. We look forward to having you join us.
October 17（Wed）, 2018 9:00 a.m. ～ 18:05 p.m.
（As of September 28）
|8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
|9:00 a.m. - 9:10 a.m.
- Mr. Tetsuhiro Hosono, Chairman & CEO, JOGMEC
- Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry
- Mr. Pablo Terrazas Lagos, Undersecretary, Ministry of Mining, Chile
|9:10 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
||Session 1：Regulations and Social receptivity about impurities in copper raw material
- Mr. Carlos Risopatron, International Copper Study Group
- Mr. Rodrigo Urquiza, Comisión Chilena del Cobre（Cochilco）
- Assoc. Prof. Shinsuke Murakami, the University of Tokyo
- Mr. Nobuo Yamazaki, Metal Economics Research Institute, Japan
|10:30 a.m. - 10:50 a.m.
|10:50 a.m. - 11:50 a.m.
||Session 2：Trend and Treatment of Impurities in Copper Mine
- Mr. Roberto Ecclefield, Codelco
- Mr. Iván Valenzuela, Ecometales
- Ministry of Energy and Mine of Peru
|11:50 a.m. - 13:20 p.m.
|13:20 p.m. - 15:00 p.m.
||Session 3：Trend and Treatment of Impurities in Copper Smelter
- JX Nippon Mining & Metals Corporation
- Sumitomo Metal Mining Co., Ltd.
- Mitsubishi Materials Corporation
- Aurubis AG
- Mr. Huang Zhiwei, Dongying Fangyuan Non-Ferrous Metal Co., Ltd.
|15:00 p.m. - 15:20 p.m.
|15:20 p.m. - 16:20 p.m.
||Session 4：Technical Development of Impurity Removal at Mineral Processing
- Mr. Taro Kamiya, Japan Oil, Gas and Metals National Corporation（JOGMEC）
- Dr. Tatsuya Oki, The National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology
- Prof. Neville Plint, Queensland University
|16:20 p.m. - 16:40 p.m.
|16:40 p.m. - 18:00 p.m.
||Session 5：Final Disposal and Utilization of Impurities
- Mr. Takeshi Watanabe, Dowa Metals & Mining Co., Ltd.
- Prof. Takahisa Omata, Tohoku University
- Prof. George Demopoulos, McGill University
- Prof. David Dreisinger, British Columbia University
|18:00 p.m. - 18:05 p.m.
Note：Free of Charge
- Simultaneous interpretation（English→Japanese, Japanese→English）
- This program is tentative.
Coorganizer：The third Japan-Chile Academic Forum, Institute of Industrial Science, the University of Tokyo（Japan-Latin America Academic Conference 2018）
Support：Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry （METI）（TBC）, Japan Mining Industry Association
Cosponsor：Endowed Research Unit for Non-ferrous Metals Resource Recovery Engineering, Institute of Industrial Science, The University of Tokyo
【General Inquiries and Web Registration Form】
Secretariat for International Seminar on Impurities in Copper Raw Materials
Vision Bridge,LLC：Makimoto, Maekawa TEL：+81-3-5946-8578
【Inquiries regarding International Seminar】
International Affairs Division, Metals Strategy Department, JOGMEC：Nakamura, Taneda
The inquiry about this page.
International Affairs Division Nakamura, Taneda
Public Relations Division